Basic information about the Union County
The Union County is located in the state of North Carolina. This county occupies 640 square miles, with 9 square miles being water areas. There are 201.292 inhabitants living in the county according to the 2010 Census. As for the racial makeup of Union County citizens, the 3 largest groups are White (78.97%), followed by Black or African American (11.7%) and Some Other Race (5.35%). There are 67.864 households in the county, while 79,60% of them are family households and 20,40% represent non family households. There are 16 cities and towns in Union County. The most populated city is Indian Trail town and the smallest town or village is JAARS CDP.
- 4.886Remainder of Goose Creek township
- 6.657Remainder of Jackson township
- 5.759Remainder of Marshville township
- 13.191Remainder of Monroe township
- 16.179Remainder of Sandy Ridge township
- 2.652Remainder of Vance township